May 21, 2020
The BC government’s restart plan has given permission for our clinic’s services to resume practice in the second phase. In order to re-open, we have put in place a strict plan to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 for the safety of our patients and staff.
The following procedures ensure we are meeting the standards set out by BC government and our professional regulatory bodies. Assuring everyone’s safety and wellbeing is our primary goal.
- We will contact you 1 day before your appointment to pre-screen you for symptoms and again when you arrive at the clinic. If you are sick, have traveled outside of BC in the last 14 days, or have come into direct contact with someone who has been ill, please reschedule your appointment. If you come to the clinic showing symptoms of being sick, we will cancel your appointment. During this time we will be waiving our late cancellation fee due to illness only. Please look at the Covid-19 self-assessment tool prior to your session https://bc.thrive.health/covid19/en
- Arrive on time for your visits. Please pay close attention to your treatment time, as it will be quite specific due to our implementation of staggered start times. This is to limit patient crossover as well as to allow time for disinfecting thoroughly between appointments.
- If you are early, please wait in your car or outside the building. We will open the clinic door for you when it is time for your appointment.
- Be respectful of physical distancing (6 ft) with anyone other than your practitioner.
- Please come alone to your appointment unless the appointment is for your child.
- Bring a face mask for use during your appointment. For anyone arriving without a mask, we will have one available for you. Please understand masks are in shortage and we do appreciate you making every effort to bring your own.
- When you arrive I will provide you with hand sanitizer. Please do not wear gloves into the clinic that you have been wearing prior to your arrival.
- For your consultation we will be maintaining 2 meters (6 feet) of physical distancing while in the treatment room. For the treatment portion of your visit we will ask that you put on a face mask brought from home if you have one or we will provide you with one if you don’t have one. (Please note that masks are in short supply so please bring one if you have one.)
- I will be wearing a face mask during your treatment and in some cases other personal protective equipment (PPE).
- We have increased the tap feature on our payment terminal for a quick tap and go on your way out. E-transfers may also be sent. We will be emailing receipts.
- We will be booking ample time between appointments to completely sanitize our office furniture, treatment tables, face cradles, laptops and desk. All of our linens and blankets are single use only.
- We have upgraded our usual clinic sanitizing procedures to include frequent sanitizing of heavily used areas such as door handles, light switches, bathroom keys, sinks, water cooler and counters throughout the day.
- If you would like some water we will provide some for you from our dispenser.
We look forward to working with you again!